mama bear, picture taker, teacher of the shorties, hippie, artist, monster slayer, nurse, story teller, head chef and mixologist.
we are home.
we didn't lose anybody
except for one hermit crab
who is probably thanking
it's lucky stars
that it escaped
the fate of becoming
an urban crab.
i can barely complete
whole sentences.
so i will write more
later.
my favorite question of the week:
"ms. k., if my hermit crab dies, can i eat it?"
Posted by
Kathleen
at
7/16/2006 12:40:00 AM
Labels: shorties
Yay! You made it!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are back and from what I have seen of the pictures it looks like it was an amazing time!
Have a great night's sleep and I can't wait to hear the details once you are rested enough to share.
great, funny question....
ReplyDeleteby the way, just visited your flickr site...amazing photos! you're inspiring me to renew my relationship with photography........
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you made it back! Rest up this weekend. It was great to check in with your photos throughout the week to see the adventures. I especially liked the kayacking and B. :)
ReplyDeleteKathleen -
ReplyDeleteI just have to say that your photos are simply amazing. You capture each one of your shorties so well, they all look beautiful and eager and so sincere. The fact that you take such lovely portraits of these kids speaks volumes to the relationship you must have. I don't think these shorties would let just anyone capture these images.
what sweet photos!!!! those smiles are so contagious :)
ReplyDeleteNice site, I love your writing and the photos are truly wonderful.
ReplyDeletewow- This is an experience this kiddos will never forget. It is so amazing that you helped them to see the world, the ocean and have an adventure...
ReplyDeletesounds like a really awesome time.
ms.k ,,,you are a truly inspiring educator:)
ReplyDeleteWhen I think back through my 13 years of PS...there are only two teachers that really touched me in the way that I think you have touched the lives of your shorties. That's a big deal.
On a lighter note...isn't it crazy how being with children all the time can somehow eliminate your ability to think in complete thoughts or spit out whole sentences? Sometimes I mutter, "calgon....." and my kids wonder what gibberish I'm speaking.
you rock.