Feb 18, 2007

scrotum a.k.a.(your non-censored word here)



absolutely ridiculous (read this).

argh.
what other word,
besides "scrotum"
should we use for that
part of the body?
"down there"?
"between the legs"?
"near his you-know-what"?
won't your child want to know
exactly where THERE and WHAT is?

is it so harmful for children
to know the proper names
for body parts?

i guess my nieces will
be in therapy for a long time
as they refer to their vaginas
as *gasp* vaginas!
eek!
what profanity!
how will they ever be normal?

if my new shortie-to-be is
a boy...will i have to think
of ways to avoid telling him
the different names for his
body parts?
nose...ears...arms...legs...um...well...er, i...uh...

i say, buy it!!!!
read it aloud!
request it in your local library
if it is not there.

9 comments:

  1. This is totally crazy! And your picture is hilarious. I will need to buy this book immediately

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is on my list!!
    can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck?!
    We affectionately refer to it as "junk".....as in "Jackson, don't whack Daddy in the junk" or, "Watch your junk around the kid."
    Though, junk includes the penis. Aka the "package".
    I know someone who told their child his penis was his "stinger". He also told him spitting gum out the window wasn't littering, because the birds needed the gum to build their nests. Hmmmm....I digress.

    Scary that so many consider scrotum inappropriate language for 9-12 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Kathleen. I read about the book this morning and sang the theme to Rawhide just epeating the word "scrotum" over and over again. Greg didn't like it, but it was much better than most of his songs.
    --Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are buying this book tomorrow when we're in the city. I get so pist when there is such uproar over stupid ideas from stupid people. SCROTUM, SCROTUM, SCROTUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JEEZ, this is so embarrassing. Scrotum all the livelong day. And all our other "unmentionables" too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Beanbag" if you must. More typically in the phrase "Tickling the beanbag" as in "We are tickling the beanbag of Spring" to show an imminent increase in warm weather, and happy times.

    Words are just words...so I feel it is perfectly appropriate to use the actual terms for the bits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. scrotum.
    scrotum.
    it's just a sac of skin.
    it holds your testes in.

    my sister has my nieces calling their vaginas "cookies". it literally makes me sad.

    *missi

    ReplyDelete